Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Difference a Little Meat Can Make


Can I just start by saying I loveeeee my new meal plan.  Like, I never-ever-ever am getting back together with my prior one. It shall be treated like one of my ex boyfriends – hated, despised, never crossing my mind.

Until cutting.  Then I will most likely meet that meal plan's evil ass of a brother.  Oh the things I have to look forward to for completion.

It will all be worth it.  It will all be worth it.  It better all be worth it.

My new plan really isn’t that drastic of a difference, but the small changes have made a world of difference.

For instance:
Prior Meal Plan Breakfast:  Trying to keep down 8 rubbery, no-flavor egg whites Every. Single. Morning.
New Meal Plan Breakfast:  Glorious, delicious and amazing in every way possible breakfast burrito.  It      still contains egg whites, but only 3.  I’m getting my other protein from lean ground turkey.  Perfecto!

My old breakfast was really the only part I had trouble with, but some other fabulous additions have been made.  I now get to chow down on 96% lean ground beef and glorious sweet potatoes every day for lunch.  Let’s be real.  I was born in Nebraska.  I currently reside in Nebraska.  These 2 facts equal a girl that LOVES her beef.  Its whats for dinner.  Not to mention I get 5 entire ounces of it.  That’s like a whole cow on my plan!  And sweet potatoes, oh sweet potatoes.  I’m convinced I have this morbidly obese girl living inside my body, so getting to eat anything that somewhat resembles a fry is great in my book.  Plus the health nut in me dies over sweet potatoes.  They taste freaking amazing. 

Other than that only a few other minor changes have been made, but all in all…

I’m loving it!
(cue McDonald’s theme song)

In other news, I had a bit of a scare last night.  Moose had his second round of puppy shots and all was well in the world.  Until I got done working out…

And I noticed his lip was a little puffy, so I decided to take him to my parent’s so my mom could take a look.  Important fact:  They live about 5 minutes from where I was at.

Once I got to my mom’s and got Moose in the light his whole face was puffy.
10 Minutes later it was much, much worse and red.  I freaked out a little bit.  The vet warned us that he could possibly have a reaction, but it wasn’t likely.  I especially didn’t think it was likely and brushed it off due to the fact none of our other dogs have ever had any sort of allergic reaction to their shots.  Thank God part of my brain was listening when he said to give him ¼ teaspoon of children’s Benadryl and call the emergency vet if it did happen.



This picture really doesn’t even do his poor little puffy face justice.  It looked like somebody beat him up…twice. 

I can’t imagine when I have kids someday and something like this happens to them.  It’s enough to make a person go insane with worry.

But, all is good in the Carson hood now and Moose is back to his spunky self.  Thank God.  That little nugget has stolen our hearts tenfold.

That’s all for now.  I’ll be back tomorrow with some KILLER workouts compliments of my trainer Sean THE DEVIL Tamisiea.


1 comment: