Monday, November 12, 2012

TABATA Translated = Pure Hell

Yes friends, you read that correctly.  For anyone who has done a TABATA workout you feel my pain.  Quite literally.  For anyone that hasn't, you will soon join in on the fun pure and absolute agony.

Will it hurt incredibly?  Yes.

Will it be oh so worth it?  You betcha.

The worst part about TABATA workouts is they are ever so deceiving.  After the first round you mind gets the best of you and you think "This shit is easy peasy!" Then at the drop of a hat and half way through round two, your arms will want to fall off.  By the fifth round...well, let's just say I hated my trainer and wanted to punch him in the face if my arms were functioning whatsoever.  (Good thing I won't be present for you to take your anger out on! Ha!)

Oh, then it gets wayyyy better.  You have a whole other round of exercises!!  All at once now, Yayyyyyy...

Smile, you love me!

So friends, if any of you are brave enough to attempt this, I promise you won't be sorry...That is once the pain subsides and you realize you got some hella rock solid muscles!!

Veronica, I fully expect you are one of the brave souls since you got down and dirtay with my Lean Mean Strong Leg Routine :)


The Warm-Up Before the Warm-Up:
10 Minutes on Stair Stepper at a Brisk Pace (Level 7 on my machine)

Warm-Up:

  • 10x Overhead Kettlebell Swings (26lbs)
  • 6x Pull Ups
  • 6x Push Ups

Repeat for 4 Rounds

12 Minutes TABATA (20 Seconds on 10 Second off):
  • Alternating DB Floor Press (25lbs)
  • DB Fly on Back (15 lbs)
  • Overhead DB Tricep extension (25lbs)
  • Push Ups with hands on Kettlebell Handles

12 Minutes TABATA (20 Seconds on 10 Second off):
  • Barbell Bent Over Row (65lbs)
  • Reverse DB Flys (12.5lbs)
  • Straight Bar Curl (25lbs)
  • Pull Ups

3 rounds:
  • 20x Weighted Sit Ups on Ball (30lbs)
  • 20x Weighted Disc Crunches (30lbs)

8 Minute Cool Down on Stair Stepper

No comments:

Post a Comment