Tuesday, October 23, 2012

No Turning Back - Day 1

     Hellllooooooo everyone!!  My apologies, I know its been awhile too long since I last blogged.  Life has been absolutely crazy.  Like head spinning, I can't believe its almost Halloween, where has the freaking time gone CRAZY!!  Still, no excuse for my neglection.  All of my life happenings and extremely interesting busy updates will have to wait just a wee bit longer for another day in lieu of an announcement   

     If any of you are friends with me on Facebook, then I'm sure you're well aware that come next spring I am going to be competing in a bikini competition.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I will be strutting my goods in an itty bitty, ruched butt, sparkly bikini along with sky high clear stilettos, all in hopes that the judges like what they see.  Anyone who knows me personally knows I come from a very competitive and workout oriented obsessed family.  Throughout college and soon after graduating I was always training for something whether it be the starting spot on the UNK volleyball team or being able to successfully complete my first half marathon.  Obviously I've graduated so volleyball is done and unfortunately my bum hip also sidelines and long distance running.  Sigh...  I've still continued to workout like crazy, but lately have found it harder and harder damn near impossible to drag my lazy butt to the gym, all because I'm getting burned out.  Sure, I love the feeling once I get done with my workout and God knows I LOVE the effects working out has on my body, but let's be honest...I'm calling a big ole bullshit on anyone the claims they love to workout.  I'd be willing to bet if doctors invented a pill (praying they do!) that would give you THE SAME EXACT RESULTS that working your ass off in the gym did with no side effects, all those people who claimed they genuinely love to workout would be in line to get one.  Hell, I'd be pushing and shoving my way to the front of that damn line!!  There may be that teeny tiny percentage of people who actually do love working out and I applaud you...while also thinking you're completely insane.  And I mean that in the nicest way possible.
     So, what my ramblings are trying to get at is I need something to train for, set my sights on, some end goal.  That's where the bikini competition comes into play.  Now mind you I've had people tell me I should do them before and I politely told them to go jump off a bridge.  Just kidding.  But, I never, ever in my wildest dreams thought I would be doing a show mainly because of the discipline it takes to get in absolute peak condition.  Well, I'm doing it and I'm pretty damn excited about it!  (Did I really just say that?!)  I've not only decided to compete, but I've also decided to document every step of the journey through my blog.  I'm partially doing it for myself.  If I someday decided to compete again I want to be able to go back and look at the progression.  I'm also doing it for any girls out there who are considering competing.  WARNING:  This will not be all butterflies and rainbows and unicorns.  I will disclose everything, including all the nasty, nitty gritty, horrible deets and trust me..I know there will be!  So there you have it folks!  Welcome to my journey in becoming a Bikini Competitor.  Oh, and I have this awesome, hot, stud of a coach.  

I told you she was a stud!  There is no way in hell I could do this without her help.  And by help I mean I text her close to every hour with questions.  She's amazing.



Day 1
     I got up extra early to prep my meals for the day.  My coach said I need to eat every 2-3 hours in order to keep my metabolism going.  This totally freaks me out!  I normally don't consume that much food throughout the day, so instantly I think holy shit I'm going to pack on the lbs!  I really wasn't too hungry throughout the day, but stuck to my meal plan and got all of my meals in.  Go me!  My workouts are also changing from a circuit type workout to more lifting.  At the end of the day I was feeling overly stuffed and bloated.  I feel as though I gained 10lbs just from eating yesterday, even though it was all extremely healthy!  I'm hoping today goes better!  Here is what my meals consisted of:

     Protein shakes, rolled oats and blueberries, egg white (lots of them!), chicken breast and green beans, greek yogurt with protein, blueberries, and sugar free pudding mix, turkey and zucchini lasagna, and a protein pancake.  

     The zucchini lasagna was auhmazzzingggg!! !  It was simple to make too.  First, brown ground turkey in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.  I also added chopped onions and fresh minced garlic.  In a separate pan I sprayed Pam, threw in thinly sliced zucchini with a bit of garlic powder and pepper and cooked them until they were soft and slightly brown.  Add enough tomato sauce to the turkey just to cover it.  Grab a small loaf pan or casserole dish and spray some Pam around the edges and bottom.  Throw in your zucchini then turkey.  Lightly sprinkle non-fat cheddar cheese on top, stick in the over until it melts, and Voila!  Yummy in my tummy!

     Also, any of you who have not heard of/tried the deliciousness that is Walden Farms, leave now!  Just kidding, but seriously as soon as your are done reading this post drive to your nearest Hy-vee  (other places may carry it, but this is where I've had the best luck) and get yo self some WF!  It's calorie free, sugar free, fat free, carb free, and gluten free heaven in yo mouth!  Seriously.  I love, love, love adding their pancake syrup to my oats and protein pancakes of course and their thick and spicy BBQ sauce is fantastic on veggies and chicken, and prior to my competition diet I would dip my apples in their caramel sauce.  They have soooooo many different choices.  Go. Get. Some.  I'm ending my post now so you can leave.  I promise your taste buds will thank me :)


XOXO,



No comments:

Post a Comment