Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!


          23 years later and life is absolutely amazing.  I am so incredibly blessed to have the family, friends, boyfriend, co-workers, pets, etc. surrounding me in my life.  This morning as I was getting ready for work oh so bright and early, I was thinking about the past year of my life.  One year is so small, so minute in the grand scheme of things, yet my life has changed 100 fold for the better.  Right now, this minute, this second, I can honestly say I have never been happier in my 23 years of existence.   And it makes me so ecstatic to know that the best it yet to come!  Since I’ve gone on gushing about my happiness, I think I had better show those of you {who don’t know me} where all of this happiness stems from.  Let’s start from the beginning…
               
          I was born and raised right here in Omaha, NE and absolutely love it!  I’ve been lucky to have lived elsewhere [Denver, Kearney, Grand Island] okay, maybe not so lucky on the last 2!  I am thankful for those opportunities because it allowed me to really see how much I adore Omaha and really Nebraska in general.  People are friendlier, my family is close by, and going out for a night on the town is cheaper!  Hey, it’s a recession!
                
          I was raised by 2 wonderfully adoring parents, Ron and Jeanie.


          Awwww, how cute are they?!  My dad is the most driven person I know.  Not many people can start a business cold-calling from his college dorm room, and grow it to one of the top 5 financial advising firms in the nation.  He can, and he did!  Along with the occasional mountain climb, plane flying, white water rafting…like I said, driven.  My mom is the sweetest, happiest, most kind-hearted woman you will ever meet.  She is my rock, my stone, my best friend.  My family and I would be totally and completely lost without her!  Did I mention we would be lost?
                
          After I was brought into this world, my parents decided they wanted two more perfect children just like me (he, he) Behold ~ Maddie & Grant. 
I love them both dearly for different reasons.  Maddie is an incredible inspiration with a huge heart.  Throughout the past 9 months she has been on a journey to become a healthier being and I couldn’t be more proud of her!  She inspires me to want to do better and be better in my life.  She is stunningly beautiful inside and out, and I am so lucky to not only call her my sister, but also my best friend.


                Now Grant.  Grant is on another world, and I mean that in the nicest way possible!  Have a question about a movie, game, or TV show?  He’s your man!  He stands at a staggering 6’8” and is STILL GROWING!  You would think someone of that height would be a king of the sports world, but games and books are really more his thing.  He is essentially one gigantic teddy bear who could never hurt a fly and is always around for a good laugh!  We’re laughing with you, not at you Grant!


                Out of this whole beautiful mess I came to have one child…Daisi.


          She is the sweetest dog in the world with the most hysterical personality.  Guaranteed to brighten up any cloudy day.  I mean come on, who can resist those puppy dog eyes?  Not I!


Now a few tidbits about me...

                                 

          I played volleyball at UNK (Kearney, not Kentucky), which led me to have 2 knee, 1 shoulder, and soon to be 1 hip surgery.  Oh the perks of collegiate sports.  I moved back to Omaha in May and became a first time homeowner in August!  I am unbelievably {blessed} to be able to work alongside my dad everyday at Carson Wealth Management Group, where I am a Wealth Advisor.  I love working out, being active, and staying healthy.  I believe too much of a good thing is never enough and laughing is the best cure for anything.

          As I close this post, my birthday wish for all of you is to find tremendous happiness in your life.  Tell those around you that you love them and take advantage of every last breath.  Life is too short to be wasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment