Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter Wonderland



          Happy Monday, friends!  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend, I know I did! I started off the weekend with my birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant EVER, Mahogany.  It’s a bit on the pricey side, so I typically only get to indulge once a year in celebration of my birthday.  And let me say, it was as delicious as ever!  I also got to enjoy having my parents, brother and sister, grandparents and Will there to enjoy the tastiness with me.  The evening continued with my favorite cake and ice cream at my parent’s house.  I was incredibly spoiled by my loved ones and couldn’t have asked for a better birthday.  Saturday we woke up to snow, snow, and more SNOW!  It was a white wonderland.  


          Although I loved that we finally got our first big snow, that also meant my birthday party had to be postponed until this weekend.  It was still a great evening, having two of our friends over for a little dinner, drinks and of course Workaholics!  Sunday topped the weekend off just right with some adult style sledding.  After hours preparation, which included - finding snow clothes that would fit everyone, digging the sleds out of the garage, packing on the layers upon layers of clothing, and making our hottie totties, I believe we only went sledding for about an hour.  Most of which was spent catching our breath at the top of the hill.  It was a blast being able to feel like a kid again, although I’m not sure I would have made it up the monstrous hill had there not been a delicious drink waiting for my arrival.  The evening was spent on the couch with Will and his brother, cheering on the Patriots (I’m still bummed they couldn’t pull out the W).  Entirely too much food was consumed and I am definitely feeling it today!  For all you wing-lovers out there, I would highly suggest trying Oscar’s.  They were absolutely amazing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment