Friday, February 17, 2012

tgif


Thank Goodness It’s Friday!  I don’t know about you, but I’ve been ready for Friday since, well pretty much since Monday!  Don’t get me wrong I love, love, love my job, but I love my weekends more.  Weekends are a time to refresh and rejuvenate.  A time to relax and spend time doing nothing with my man.  And of course, a time for fun nights with fabulous friends

Today I feel wholeheartedly happy.  My day started off bright and EARLY with 5am Sumit Yoga.  Something about sweating my little (ahem, large) tush off just completely refreshes me.  Will and I even convinced his brother, Daniel, to go and guess what, HE LOVED IT!  I half expected him to run for the hills as soon as he stepped foot into the scalding hot room, but he was a trooper.  One of my best friends, Taylor, even made it and the only thing better than doing yoga is doing it with your bf’s! Yoga was followed by a quick trip to Caribou coffee with Will, where the small coffee that was paid for got upgraded to a medium, gotta love that!  Work even started off fabulous with a healthy breakfast provided by one of our wholesalers!  But, what makes this day incredibly great is the fact that I FINALLY get to see two of my favorite people in this world!!  One of my best friends, who unfortunately lives hours away from me, is coming down for the weekend with her soon to be hubby. And I ADORE them both!  You see, Jordan & I met back in college at good ole’ UNK.  And let me tell you, we have been through the boys, the breakups, the makeups, the fights, and everything in between together.  We’re each other’s go to gals.  We’re there for each other for a shoulder to cry on, words of encouragement, or simply someone to laugh with {or at ;)!}  Throughout all of those times, the times we wanted to give up on men forever, we forced each other to keep going with a smile upon our face, because somewhere out there God had our Prince Charming just waiting for us to discover him, we were sure of it!  A little over a year ago Jordan met hers and a few months ago she said yes!  I was over-the-moon-happy for her when I received that phone call.  Jay is one of the kindest, sweetest, smartest men I know [other than Will of course!] and they are 100% perfect for each other.  However, I do wish their wedding was a little sooner, only because I CANNOT WAIT for it!!  I can’t wait to stand by their side and witness them pledge themselves to each other forever, for better and for worse.  They are perfect and I know they will be infinitely happy for the rest of their lives.  I can’t wait for my favorite people to meet my favorite man, and have an absolutely wonderful time together!  I hope everyone has a splendid weekend ahead of them!XOXO


PS.
I had someone ask me what the recipe for the enchiladas are so here you go:

Mamma Morales’s Enchiladas
  •         Tortillas
  •          Red enchilada sauce
  •         Hamburger
  •          Onion
  •          Fine mild cheddar cheese
  •         Green chili
  •          FF sour cream


Directions:
  1.  Preheat oven to 350
  2. Brown hamburger
  3. Warm tortillas in pan
  4. Place tortillas in enchilada sauce
  5. Fill with hamburger, finely chopped onions, and mild cheddar cheese
  6. Mix enchilada sauce and green chili’s together
  7. Spray pan and put a little enchilada sauce in bottom of pan
  8. Roll them and place in pan, seam side down
  9. Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas in pan
  10. Top off with mild cheddar cheese
  11. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted
  12. Bake under high broil for 3 minutes to brown cheese


*I personally prefer white enchilada sauce over red, so I made a separate batch for myself.  Here is the white sauce recipe that I used:

White Enchilada Sauce:
  1. In a sauce pan, melt 3TB I Can't Believe Its Not Butter
  2. Stir in 3 TB what flour and cook 1 minute
  3. Add 2 cups FF, Low-sodium chicken broth and whisk until smooth
  4. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly
  5. Stir in 1 cup FF sour cream and 4oz. diced chillis, do not bring to a boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream



No comments:

Post a Comment